One of the purposes of the SBI Manager search process (which one needs to complete before setting up your SBI site) is to determine the way into "your" market on the web. Another purpose is to identify the key terms for your chosen market.
In Internet marketing parlance the keywords and key terms used on your SBI site are your Search Engine Sales Agents. Now that you have this critical information it's time to initiate your SBI site...
Posted on 05/06/04 at 23:05:47 by Kenneth Doyle
Category: SBI... SBI Manager phase. -- [Link to this item]
Once you've completed your run of SBImanager searches it's time to sort through the results.
Your SBI Manager searches will return with different key terms which are totally unrelated to your original search terms. Never fear. No technology is perfect. You'll find real key word gems if you keep searching.
If nothing returned in your search is of interest/ value to then just run the search again.
You're allowed 4 searches in a cycle before you take a 7 day break. Just keep digging. Sometimes it can take time to find profitable terms. Other times you'll get them immediately. It's just the way it works.
If, after doing 3 searches you don't find anything of interest cancel that search run and start all over again. This time try a different way into your market (different key term approach).
What you're looking for is HIGH demand (good number of searches), LOW supply (small number of pages on the web relating to the term), and GOOD profitability.
The profitability percentile returned the searches is a mathematical factor of any particular key term AND all the key terms within your search. This is why these percentiles seem incorrect.
Once you have finished your search run it's just a matter of unclicking the X in associated field for the terms you don't want to keep, and then transferring the remainder over to your master keyword list.
The great strength of the SBI web site system is that its entire approach is based on getting your site as Search Engine friendly as possible. SBI Manager will find profitable key terms for you, no doubt.
Time and again I've found immensely profitable key terms and phrases in SBImanager search within themes that are highly competitive on the web, like Internet Marketing.
However, in your rush for profitable key terms don't ignore those key terms which may have high traffic but a lower profitability, especially if the content you could write about for that key term would strengthen the overall content value of your site.
Remember - in your quest for those profiatable key terms - that you are building web sites for PEOPLE too.
Once you've moved your key terms over to SBI sites master keyword list within the manager program you can then print the list out by RIGHT clicking on your domain name (which can be found in the top left hand corner of the master keyword list page).
Posted on 01/07/04 at 03:32:00 by Kenneth Doyle
When you run SBImanager for the first time there are some things that you need to be aware of.
- The whole purpose of using the manager is to FIND the key terms that people are using on the web to find information... within your topic area.
- If you find a fantastic key term [outside of your original topic area] you CAN'T use it, because the whole purpose of using an SBI site is to make it Search Engine friendly. If you've found a fantastically profitable key term then set-up another SBI site using that theme.
- You'll run your first SBImanager searches using the domain *temporary.com*. You can run 30 searches on this *domain* before it shuts down, and you should have found and registered your own domain by then.
- The Fashion related domain included in SBImanager is purely for experimentation purposes. It's for training only.
- BEFORE you run you first key word earch on *temporary.com* brainstorm at least a half a dozen potential web site themes to run your SBImanager searches on.
- *Business* is not a good key term to start searching on. It's far to generic. Try something like *travel business* (if you're in the travel business).
- SBImanager will take up to an hour to run a search (if you're on a 56k modem), and about 20 minutes if you're on broadband.
- Make sure that all potential pop-up style programs are switched off when running an SBImanager search. It's safer to run the manager by itself. The program has the potential to *scramble* if other programs on your computer start-up (such as Yahoo msg).
- The manager goes through 4 phases when it's doing its search of web resources. Phase 1, 2 and 4 are relatively fast. Phase 3 is intensive. Just let the manager do its thing. Don't fiddle, and NEVER click the X in the right hand top corner to shut it down when the program running. That will corrupt the file and you'll have to go back to SBI and reset the program and download it again. If the manager cannot go through it's 4 search cycles (because one of the web resources it uses is down at the time) let it close down and come back later to do your search.
- If you don't like the result of a search (there are four searches permitted in a cycle before you take a 7 day search break) then click on the *Start Again* button. The manager will cancel the search you've just done and *start again*.
Posted on 12/27/03 at 09:14:30 by Kenneth Doyle
SBImanager is an extremely sophisticated program.
Here are some things you need to do BEFORE you run it.
1. Before you do anything make sure you have no pop-up type programs open or running in the background (Yahoo msg, virus scanners etc).
2. Now, you've downloaded and installed the program, right? It should be located in the START menu. Check to see if it works by loading it from the START menu...START/ Site Build It!/ SBImanager.
3. Double click on the SBImanager link, and let the program load. Do NOT fiddle with it. Let it do its thing.
4. If you get an ERROR message and SBImanager doesn't close by itself then you can close it by clicking on the SBI icon in the top left hand corner of the screen.
Note: Apart from this one time event it unwise to use this drop-down menu on the icon (in the top left hand corner of the screen) to close the Manager at other times. Always let the Manager close itself via the save icon (which will be explained later).
Go back to SBI support to get the problem resolved.
More than likely you've got the wrong version of the JAVA.exe file installed. Do NOT fiddle. This will cost you extra time with support.
SBI support is excellent! They'll get you sorted real fast.
5. Once you can load SBImanager and it opens with temporary.com & fashion.com you can commence your inital key word/ key phrase searches...
Posted on 12/26/03 at 03:38:01 by Kenneth Doyle
When you purchased your SBI web site you downloaded a program named SBImanager.
This is one MOTHER of a program, and frankly after having installed numerous SBI sites my appreciation of the value of SBImanager has just grown and grown.
What SBI Manager DOES!
SBImanager finds PROFITABLE keywords and phrases for your site. These keywords and phrases are the terms people are searching the web to find whatever it is that you're selling.
If you're NOT using key terms and key phrases on your site that people are actually using then your site will be assigned to cyberwasteland. This is a MUST DO step for any wannabe successful webmaster.
SBImanager is akin to having your own FORTUNE 500 web site traffic master on your team. I have found key terms for in-demand topics/ web site themes with SBImanager that had staggering profitability... and we're talking thousands of percent here!
So, before you DO ANYTHING with your SBI site MASTER SBImanager!
It alone can bring you web site traffic beyond your wildest dreams... and you will come to regard it as your *secret weapon* for getting highly targeted web traffic...
Posted on 12/26/03 at 03:14:43 by Kenneth Doyle