Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving your site’s ranking in search engines A professional Search Engine Optimization Specialist knows exactly what search engines look for when crawling websites and ranking pages. Working with a specialist will give your site a competitive advantage and increase targeted traffic through search engines and directories.
Accomplished SEO specialists have an indepth knowledge of how search engine spiders index HTML, and will spend a great deal of time on keyword research. The keyword research should be shared with you for your review, and the provider should work with you to incorporate the keywords into the page context and not just add the words in the metatags section. In addition, the specialist should hold frequent update meetings with you to review your site's current ranking and provide recommendations to increase your site's ranking.
Strategies:Reputable providers will educate you on the difference between search engines (ex. Google) and directories (ex. Yahoo).If an SEO provider describes Yahoo as a search engine, keep looking for someone else. In addition, the SEO provider should have two separate promotion strategies for each: one for the search engines and one for the directories.
Until relatively recently, title tags and metatags with relevant keywords gave decent rankings. However, after years of tag misuse, search engines now attach more importance to:
· Page content
· Incoming links and authoritative status of referring sites
Ethical Behavior, Software and Blacklisting:Search engines want to ensure that the indexed page is the page the user will visit.
Unfortunately, programmers violate this principle by utilizing several techniques such as:
· Writing a cloaked page that is invisible to the user. This artificially boosts rankings by detecting and re-directing search engine spiders. Google will blacklist sites identified using this technique.
· Creating doorway and bridge pages that work the same way as cloaked pages, but are stored on external servers.
· Hosting gateways which re-direct users to a different website. This can indicate the use of software to generate highranking
gateways; this is considered spamming and frowned upon.
· Stuffing keywords on a page by repeating the words several times in a row, using invisible text, or text so small that it is barely legible.
SEO should be incorporated early in site design and not as an afterthought. Incorporating SEO early will save you time and money before the site goes live and is first submitted to search engines and directories.
What kinds of practices are considered best? Relevant key word rich content at a desired density, inbound links, article directory content, blog links and other honest practices can create real traffic generation into your website that can translate to subscribers, visitors and sales. Choose SEO Specialist Online with Jim Gras and you’ll get great results. Visit http://www.seo-specialist-online.com
keyword: Search Engine Optimization, Google Optimization, seo-specialist-online, get to the top of google, seo services, web seo specialists